Thursday, August 23, 2012

Miter slides

For a long time i wished I had a alternative to this miterbox.
So I dug out the old small Proxxon tablesaw from the cupboard
Then I took the tablesaw apart.
Because I wanted a groove in the left side of the table too. The groove is a little smaller than the original in the right side but that doesn't matter.
Assembled the tablesaw again.
And made a fixed 45degree miter slide to fit on the right side.
And another for the new left groove.
Ready for cutting nice clean miters on small parts. (width of the strip is 0.75mm)
Have fun
Niels

1 comment:

  1. Dear Niels,
    Thanks for sharing this wonderful idea. You look a bit like my husband. When he sees me struggle with some things he usual comes with an idea to make the work simple.
    I love to read your blog.
    Lots of greetings Dorien

    ReplyDelete