Thursday, June 21, 2012

No dust

Well, I spent three days cleaning up my old workshop. One corner a day. So one corner left :-) I also dismanthed the large mdf cnc-machine. It took up too much space and I haven't used for about a year and I wasn't really satisfied about the performance.

I had decided to wait trying the new thickness sander until the workshop was in better shape. Today I couldn't resist any longer.

For dust collection I use an wacuum cleaner intended for removing ash from a stove. It doesn't have a bag inside.They come in two styles here in DK. One with a motor and one without to be used in front of an ordinary wacuum cleaner.
Then several years go I got a smart Proxxon device. When the sander is turned on the wacuum cleaner starts and when the sander is turned off the wacuum cleaner stops after 5 seconds. I looked through the new Proxxon catalogue and couldn't find the device. Instead they sells a wacuum-cleaner with same functionalty. I like the idea of a separate device better.

How is the sander?

Very good! Off course a sander is for removing wood in small increments. But for delicate woods with grain in all directions it is the only way to go. And for sizes less than 1.6mm which id the minimum for the Thicknesser DH40.

And at last todays photo. I found this little Chevrolet Spark LS  in an american modelcar shop. Unfortunately they didn't have it in black like ours. This blue one was parked in front of our neighbours house for a few hours. I had to play a little.
 The model is 1/24 scale.


Have fun
Niels


3 comments:

  1. Did you bring that home on the plane? Certainly a tool that is on my wish list. It was great to meet you in Castine, also busy sorting out my work space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was UPSet up to Castine.
      We could carry a total of 4*20kg and one of our suitcases had a lot of Taig parts to be used in Tune later this summer and weighed about 27kg, the check-in lady didn't care because our total was less than 80kg.
      All our suitcases and the box got a greeting-lip from the security :-) The scanners don't like odd looking content.

      Delete
  2. I do love that sander, I have had mine for a couple of years now and use it on most every project. A tool that gets used frequently is a good investment despite being expensive to purchase.

    ReplyDelete