Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Top dawer section

Took the change to cut the legs to nearly desired length and started shaping of legs. Despite cutting freehand all the legs touched the floor. Well a little more will be cut off later.


One of the top corners.
And then to my grief I discovered that I had forgotten to mirror the sides

A new side was made.

And then when dry assembling the four sides I remembered a small but important detail of the top section.

Drawing of wrong side


Here is the right drawing

 Spot the difference?

At the bottom the tails is visible and at the top the pins is visible. That makes sense when assembling a realsize cabinet.   Because that way the top is lowered onto the cabinet. 

I'm running out of wood.  All the dovetails is hidden behind  the moldings 


Niels

No comments:

Post a Comment